Sunday, November 15, 2009

Week 8, Thng #18: Zoho 1st impressions

Note: the following was created in Zoho Docs and "shared" with this Blog by simply typing in my username and password! amazingly simple! I then went to my Blog, selected the pencil for editing and added this info and the "week 8, Thing 18" in the header.

Zoho 1st impressions:

  • I like that I can switch from feature to feature within the Zoho suite and how they are all linked.
  • I LOVE that you can work off-line and then it syncs when you get back on-line
  • I LOVE the presentation tool, and that you can show your desktop to your on-line presentation participants! This can be very useful for doing tech demonstrations for people who are in various locations.
  • I really like the features of the presentation tool, and that you can import a presentation you've created in PPT (would like to try using Apple's Keynote and see if it works as well)
  • Tried out the spellcheck and am impressed with it
  • LOVE that I can go back and save previous versions
  • Am intrigued by the idea of using this in a classroom setting, or in a staff meeting situation, where collaborative note-taking can make for very rich, complete notes and allow for speculation, questions, observations, especially from those who are less comfortable with overt verbal contributions.
  • Can't believe it is all free! How revolutionary!
  • Plan to email the link to it to all my colleagues at school!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for using Zoho and glad that you like our services :) Keep using Zoho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoho does have some features that googledocs doesn't and I have to go explore it more. Time is the critical issue here.

    Will be interested to know how you and your colleagues use it.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete