Sunday, November 15, 2009

Week 7, Item #17 Add an entry to Sandbox Wiki

I don't think this is a "sandbox" anymore! I was blown away by the wealth of practical, interesting and inspiring ideas people posted as a result of this class. So, I bookmarked it on my Delicious page, and hope it stays up and continues to grow! As I posted in the last entry, I would like to create a wiki for our school staff to use, sort of a "collective mind" of our staff, where we can have discussions, add links, suggest resources, work on collaborative curriculum ideas, and not have to be all together in the library to do so!

I went in and added a couple of suggestions to the Raven About Web 2.0 wiki...I think if I do create a wiki for the Petersburg School District Staff, I would have to bribe our teachers/administrators to contribute, perhaps by offering a plate of brownies in a weekly drawing for all who contributed that week! Crazy how something that simple might work. I have looked at so many sites on line that were started as something like that, but just sat there, stagnant. We have a Google Docs site we tried to get going a year or so ago, as a collaborative tool that sprang from a great inservice we had, but nothing has been added since the second day of the inservice. It is just the nature of the crazy schedule of teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment