Sunday, November 29, 2009

Week 9, Thing 20 Teacher Tube and a few sites

I hit on a great video about Internet searching right off the bat! It is done as though it were American Idol with the three competitors being Google, Uncle George, and the Librarian...quite cute and makes a point I think even my fifth graders would get! I tried to embed the link here, but kept getting an error, so I provided a link instead!:

TeacherTube video: American Idle: Information Resources

What I really liked about this clip is the use of humor to make a very real point about the importance of using valid, verifiable resources, and the value of librarians in helping the public do just that. I look forward to searching for other clips, and perhaps making a few, that teach a small point or skill about libraries--especially geared toward the elementary level. There are several videos I've seen in the past that I would like to provide links to from my library website, such as the "Did You Know" classic about how the Web 2.0 phenomenon, and the changing demographics are radically altering our world.

1 comment:

  1. Teacher Tube has a lot of great videos that help explain different concepts but I think that the real power is in how students can create and share content. Part of the digital literacy that our students expect to have the ability to share their understnading and collaborate.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete