Sunday, November 8, 2009

Week 6, Thing 14 Technorati and Tags

Hmmm. My first hour has been frustrating. I went to Technorati and searched for school library learning 2.0, and found no entries for both "blog" and "posts" searches. When I remove the 2.0 portion of it, I find quite a few entries: 562 posts, and 45 blogs. While I find this interesting, I have a hard time getting excited about it, since I can't even find time to read a book these days, let alone a gazillion blogs about what other people are reading/thinking/doing/dreaming, etc. There is just so much out there, and my time is so constricted by school, home & work. I just want to relax for a few hours with a book. I will now go in and try to get my blog posted and searchable, as mine did not come up even when I typed in the actual name of the blog! I'm trying not to take that personally:)

Most of the links on the page for this portion of the class are no longer valid. Looks like there was some kind of major shake-up at Technorati, and the pages have been eliminated. I can see how searching for blogs for various topics of interest to my teachers for units they are teaching would be useful, as the many library blogs to which I have subscribed are very enlightening.

No comments:

Post a Comment