Sunday, October 4, 2009

Week 3 Thing 6: Flickr Mashups!

Oh, how fun! I followed the link to the mosaic site, and immediately wished I had known about this when the entire school made mosaics two years ago with a visiting artist. Everything for two weeks was all about mosaics, and we completed six lovely mosaic panels as a whole-school effort that now hang in front of our building. This site would have been a very fun exploratory event to include during computer sessions with students!

The "color pickr" app would be fun to explore when students were studying color in art--I especially like that you can make it lighter or darker tones. I tried searching for some pictures I had posted on flickr, but my titles were too general. I wonder if you named a picture something very unusual and specific, then searched for that within the color pickr app, you could get your picture to come up? I think I'll try that.

I am not sure, but I do think flickr may be blocked at our school, unfortunately...just thought of that. This is a problem I found with many of the cool applications and tools I learned about at the last two ASTE conferences. I think we are in a fearful transition phase wherein we play it safe a block anything not completely controllable. I hope we eventually get to the place where we can just use the tools!

No comments:

Post a Comment