Monday, September 28, 2009

Week 3, Thing 5: Flickr spurs a new idea

I was finding these posts rather lifeless--just something to accomplish the goal of the course, and now I think I have a focus for how this technology could be used in the future. I would like to use a blog to document my upcoming roadtrip adventures down south. It just struck me how perfect this venue would be, with links to flickr, podcasts of sounds and sights along the way, a link to a Google map, perhaps, following the journey I take. I am excited at the prospect of having a real focus beyond the end of the Raven About Web 2.0 class. Until I have a valid use for one of the new technologies, I have no real interest in learning it--just too busy otherwise.

I first set up my flickr account two years ago at a technology conference in Anchorage, as part of a workshop, but never followed up and posted anything. I saw the potential, thought it was great, but just had no compelling reason to post anything. Now, I think I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment