Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Thing 2: Lifelong Learning Habits

The tutorial on lifelong learning was interesting. I believe my hardest habit for lifelong learning to have the end in mind. I have a very hard time envisioning the future of where I want to be, and so often bounce from interest to interest with little focus. Hence, the blog title "eclectic enthusiast"...not always a positive thing! I think I'm a bit of an adult ADD type personality!

I do try to view problems as challenges, and I recite that mantra to myself regularly when confronted with fixing all the various techie issues I deal with daily at work, but creating and loading the avatar about sent me through the roof a bit ago! I ended up posting it as an entry in my blog, as I just could not see how to post it otherwise!!! So, for that particular problem, I just chose a work-around that obviously isn't the best idea.

1 comment:

  1. I understand what you mean, Enthusiast, when you write about bouncing from one thing to another, and I appreciated your candid honesty. I'm trying right now to accomplish many things but have found that I always do seem to accomplish one of my most important activities: trips to the public library and bookstore to keep up my supply of books, which I actually read. The question now for me is how do I make the things I want to do become as important as reading.

    I liked using the learning contract. It really helped me to formulate my project for this class.
    It seems silly to use a contract for one of my personal goals, learning to speak Spanish, but I'm going to give it a try and post it where I'll see it daily.

    Hiphiker

    ReplyDelete