Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Week4? Thing 9 Classroom 2.0

So, I signed up for Classroom 2.0 social network for teachers, and added their Twitter feed to my Google page...sounds like a foreign language. What I like about it is I can get whatever random twitter topics they are addressing right on my Google homepage, and it spurs me to re-visit the website--today I went to look at the twitter feed on using iPod touches in the classroom, and from there went to the main website, followed a link for using iCal collaboratively via Google calendar, and now plan to figure out a way to meld the two calender apps so I can have my teachers manage their own laptop cart reservations without having to email me, then I reserve for them, upload the calendar, then email them back that it is done. I would LOVE to have them all able to log in, reserve a cart themselves, and bypass my intervention entirely! Tonight it is too late to try setting it all up...need a fresh, coffee inspired morning to go there, but I'm excited to know it is possible.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I like the idea of using the two calendar apps together. - how is that going? The power of the Web2.0 world is really only limited by imagination and TIME! I find time is much more of a limiting factor than the imagination part for me.

    I get my twitter feed on my firefox page - but I wonder if embedding it in my igoogle page would be a better idea. I used to have my web browser open up to igoogle but then I found that I needed more flexibility and I now use an app called speed dial that allows me to choose from a list what page I need to go to first. Hmmm. Will have to think about that.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete