Sunday, October 11, 2009

More on RSS ideas

So, I'm busy adding RSS feeds to my Google Reader page, and also adding them to my Google home page, not sure of which is actually going to be more useful. In thinking about how to apply them in the library, I'm thinking of my school library webpage. I wonder how it would be used instead of, or in addition to direct links to author webpages...but then, those are generally static sites, and I think the RSS's strength is in keeping folks connected to info sources that are constantly changing. I'm just not seeing clearly how this could benefit my students, though I suppose it could benefit my teachers if I sent them educational RSS feed links to help them keep updated.

What are others doing? I think next time I check in, I will go look at past participants in this Web 2.0 class to see what they came up with!

1 comment:

  1. RSS is really powerful but can also be a bane if you get too many things coming in. I try to limit my RSS feeds to just professional blogs and I still feel overwhelmed some times. If I don't get in there for a week I just end up marking everything as read since there are so many.

    I am finding Twitter to be a good way to keep up with Joyce Valenza and Doug Johnson. They are both library bloggers I like to keep track of and they often twitter when they have posted new blogs. I am still struggling with how to use this very powerful technology to its best advantage.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete