Sunday, October 11, 2009

And another thing!

We will be having a parent info night about Cyber-Safety and ethics. I'm in charge of pulling it together, and we signed up with the iSafe curriculum. However, I have been reading some articles that pointed out that some of these packaged curricula gather data about students and use it for marketing purposes. So I will watch out for that and won't be contributing any real data about our students!

I know that during our parent evening the question of filtering and monitoring software for home use will come up, and I have no knowledge of what's available and what to suggest to use. Does anyone have ideas and/or experience with these?

1 comment:

  1. Hmm....this is probably too late to do you any good right now but here is a link I have used.

    ANn

    http://internet-filter-review.toptenreviews.com/

    ReplyDelete