Tuesday, October 20, 2009

More Week 4? Thing 9-Useful Library Blog...

Wow. I checked out the Edublog "Award=winning Blogs" link posted on the classroom website and found the winner of 2008 best library blog, and just one page in that, at quick glance had me sending a link to it to all my 4th and 5th grade teachers. It was a list of all the Web20 tools students should be getting to know and use. Amazing wealth of resources on this one site alone. I could spend HOURS exploring in there...and probably will come the weekend. I added her RSS feed to my Google page. Only thing is, I keep adding so many, it will quickly become a management/time issue! I'll have to go in and cull out the ones I notice I'm not using that often.

I tried out the blogdigger and searched for "school library" and "school library elementary" and found nothing interesting in either search. I'll try the others in another post, as I have reached my limit in eye strain for the day!

1 comment:

  1. The time management issue of RSS and blogs/nings/wikis etc is a real one. One of the things that I find about RSS is that as with many things is that if I don't go check it, the posts just keep on piling up (sort of like my professional journals) What I have done about the professional journals is to set aside 1/2 an hour 2X a week with Martina to commit to reading our professional materials. We have done it 2 weeks now and it is amazing that I have managed to clear up a number of journals and pass on a number of good articles and links to people.

    ReplyDelete