Sunday, October 25, 2009

Week 5 Thing #10 blog: Playing with photo apps


I found an application called Blog Header (http://bighugelabs.com/blogheader.php)that turns a photo into a Wordpress blog header, so I took a photo into it and created it--I put it into this site as my profile picture, thinking it would fill the header on my blog, but that is somewhere else. So, then I explored the making motivational pictures (I chose to make mine within Facebook so I could upload it right to my Facebook page: Big Huge Motivational Poster Maker) and had fun with that...I'll insert one I made here. How cool! This would be a REALLY fun app to use with our fifth graders during our technology exploratory...though I wonder if it will be a blocked site.

1 comment:

  1. I love Big Huge Labs - so many of the things there can have implications for kids. I have had them do Trading Card book reviews. It really makes them focus when they have to sell the book in just about 4 lines. I got some really good reflection that way.

    I really don't think that it will get blocked - it isn't a bandwidth hog so unless we end up finding something really inappropriate it doesn't seem like one that would get blocked.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete